Thursday 17 January 2013

Social: A practical incentive program

For a long time I had given up on motivating people to excel. Given up, because I had tried everything possible and prescribed. From team huddles, to team outings, one on ones, power talks, external speakers,and online videos. Name it and I had done it. Yet, I consistently found three sets of people in every organization that worked, consulted or mentored.

  1. Go Getters: There were a set of people that had a great attitude, needed no motivation, not pep talk, no carrots, no sticks.
  1. Followers:  They just pushed themselves only as much as required or when told to. These were the people that need constant goading.
  1. Bad Apples: There was a third set that had negative attitude, created most disturbance, took most vacations, most sick days, created negative energy . After a number of years I realized that most HR and team motivating work was done for these people. Eventually they were the ones that quit the organization at times when we needed them the most.

b2ap3_thumbnail_Bad-Attitude-Person.jpg

I had to find a way in which I could get more go getters. But how??? Click here to read...

No comments:

Post a Comment